A two-day class with Michael Stone to strengthen and build your business. Michael discusses the issues that cause most contractors to lose money. These are also the topics he deals with most often in his coaching and consulting.
There will also be ample question and answer periods where issues and problems can be discussed by the class.
"Thank you both so much for your time and energy during our Dallas class . . . I don’t recall having ever attended any continuing education class that generated as much enthusiastic & positive discussion outside of the class itself! . . . I cannot thank you enough for sharing your great knowledge with us. You’ve forever changed the way I’ll run my business and support my family!"
"It was a pleasure to take your class, eye opening and informative. It did not escape me that veteran contractors and repeat attendees were in the audience with us. To reach new entrants as well as those well entrenched in the market speaks highly for the quality and usefulness of your service."
The class is two full days of thoughtful analysis, hard work and great lunches. You'll get the info and support you need to run a financially profitable company, pay yourself a fair salary and take care of your family. Read comments from previous attendees, or view the videos made by attendees.
After two days with Michael, you'll know how to:
- Create more accurate estimates in less time
- Compute your correct markup and gross margins and use that information to sell profitable jobs, hire new employees and purchase new equipment and vehicles
- Complete a year-end review and build a plan for each coming year to make it even better
- Calculate your breakeven
- Set your own salary and get paid every two weeks
- Reviewing and refining your Profit and Loss statements
- Set up a simple system for job costing
- Write a solid contract that protects both you and your client.
- Write change work orders, when to write them and how to charge for them
- Write and work with punch lists, making sure you only have one per job
- Work with formulas designed to give you the information you need to guarantee a financially profitable company
Lunch (both days); morning coffee and pastries; afternoon cookies and soda
A 122 page spiral-bound handout of the presentation with space for note-taking
Markup & Profit; A Contractor's Guide Revisited (one per company)
Profitable Sales, A Contractor's Guide (one per company)
Raleigh, North Carolina - February 8-9, 2018
1309 Corporation Parkway
Raleigh, NC 27610
Comfort Suites is 17 miles southeast of the Raleigh-Durham airport. Rooms are available for $95/night plus tax if booked by January 12; call the hotel at 919-212-6900 and ask for the Markup & Profit group rate.
Portland, Oregon - February 22-23, 2018
Colwood Golf Center
7313 NE Columbia Blvd
The Colwood Golf Center is 1/2 mile from the Country Inn & Suites where a courtesy block of rooms is available for $95/night plus tax. The hotel offers a free airport shuttle and will also shuttle attendees between the hotel and the golf course. Reserve a room by January 21 by calling 503-255-2700 and asking for the Markup & Profit group rate.